- The 7th edition of the joint military exercise “AJEYA WARRIOR-23” between India and the United Kingdom was conducted at Salisbury Plains, United Kingdom from 27 April to 11 May 2023.
About Exercise AJEYA WARRIOR
- It is a biennial training event with the United Kingdom.
- It is conducted alternatively in the United Kingdom and India.
- The last edition was held at Chaubatia, Uttarakhand in October 2021.
- Soldiers of the 2 Royal Gorkha Rifles from the UK and Indian Army soldiers from the BIHAR Regiment are participating in the exercise.
- It involves a Command Post Exercise (CPX) at the Battalion level and Company level Field Training Exercise (FTX).
- During the exercise, participants will engage in various missions testing their operational acumen in various simulated situations; showcasing and refining their tactical drills, and learning from each other’s operational experience.
Objectives and Importance
- To build positive military relations, imbibe each other’s best practices, and promote the ability to operate together.
- To develop inter-operability, bonhomie, camaraderie, and friendship between the two armies.