Syllabus: Prelims/Current Events of national importance
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) recently added two new B-360 types of aircraft equipped with advanced state-of -the -art Flight Inspection systems into the AAI Flight Inspection Fleet.
- It was to meet the flying requirement for Flight Calibration of the increased number of Ground Navigational/landing aids installed at airports in India.
- With the induction of these new aircraft in its fleet, AAI will be able to accomplish the timely flight calibration of the Ground Radio Navigational/visual aids at all airports in the country.
- AAI will also provide necessary support by undertaking flight calibrations in the neighboring countries, which will also lead to generation of revenue.
|Airports Authority of India (AAI)
– AAI is a statutory body responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in the country.
– It is also responsible for the provision of Air Navigation Services over the Indian continental airspace and adjoining oceanic airspace, delegated to India by ICAO.
– AAI also functions as the major airport operator in India, responsible for management of 133 Airports which include 24 International Airports, 78 Domestic Airports, 10 Custom Airports and 21 Civil Enclaves.
– AAI’s vision is to be World’s leading Airport Developer, Operator and Air Navigation Service Provider with a mission to enhance air connectivity across the nation and be an environment conscious sustainable organization.
Flight Inspection Unit
- The Flight Inspection Unit of Airports Authority of India is a very critical component in the safety chain of Air Navigation Service provided by Airports Authority of India throughout the Indian airspace.
- Flight Inspection being critical in ensuring the best international standards as set by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), needs to keep pace to ensure Indian aviation gets this equipment to function to the strictest parameters.
- Presently, The FIU of AAI operates One Dornier-228 and One B-350 aircraft for Flight Calibration /Inspection purposes and calibrates the Navigational aids like Instrument Landing Systems and Precision Approach Path Indicator installed at the numerous airports around the country.