Syllabus: Prelims/ Events of National Importance
- Srinivasan K. Swamy has been unanimously elected Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for 2023-2024.
- Riyad Mathew has been elected Deputy Chairman of the Bureau for 2023-2024, while Mohit Jain as Secretary of the Bureau and Vikram Sakhuja was re-elected as Treasurer of the Bureau.
Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC)
- ABC founded in 1948 is a not-for-profit, voluntary organisation consisting of publishers, advertisers and advertising agencies as members.
- It does pioneering work in developing audit procedures to certify the circulation figures of publications which are members of ABC.
- It is a founding member of the International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Certification.
- The main function of ABC is to evolve, lay down a standard and uniform audit procedure by which a member publisher shall compute its Qualifying copies.
- The Bureau issues ABC certificates every six months to those publisher members whose circulation figures conform to the rules and regulations as set out by the Bureau.
- ABC’s membership today includes 562 Dailies, 107 Weeklies and 50 magazines plus 125 Advertising Agencies, 45 Advertisers & 22 New Agencies and Associations connected with print media and advertising.
- An Advertiser would like to know the facts and figures before investing his money in advertising. An Advertiser ought to know how many people buy a publication and in which area. The ABC gives all these vital statistics every six months.