Since inception, about 4.35 lakh beneficiaries have been trained under the ‘Nai Roshni’ scheme.
About Nai Roshni scheme
- It aims to empower and enhance confidence in Minority women by providing knowledge, tool and techniques for the Leadership Development of Women.
- It is a six-days non-residential/five-days residential training programme conducted for women belonging to a minority community between the age group of 18 years to 65 years.
- The training modules cover areas related to Programmes for women, Health and Hygiene, Legal rights of women, Financial Literacy, Digital Literacy, Swachch Bharat, Life Skills, and Advocacy for Social and Behavioural changes.
- The scheme was implemented through Programme Implementing Agencies (PIAs). Now, the scheme has been merged with PM VIKAS as a component.
- It is run with the help of NGOs, Civil societies and Government Institutions all over the country.