- Recently, the World Bank extended an unconditional loan of $250 million for the SALT project in Andhra Pradesh.
- Supporting Andhra’s Learning Transformation (SALT) is a project undertaken by the Government of Andhra Pradesh with support from the World Bank.
- The SALT is the first project in the school education sector to be funded by the World Bank without any precondition.
- To transform the state’s school education system by strengthening the quality of foundational learning through various pathways including improving teacher professional development, classroom-based assessments and early childhood education.
- Establishing and strengthening foundation schools is in tune with the National Education Policy, 2020.