- Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI) has been accorded the status of Miniratna Category-I Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE)
Criteria for grant of Miniratna status to CPSEs
- The miniratna scheme was initiated in the year 1997.
- Miniratna Category-I status: – The CPSEs which have made a profit in the last three years continuously, pre-tax profit is Rs.30 crores or more in at least one of the three years and have a positive net worth are eligible to be considered for grant of Miniratna-I status.
- Miniratna Category-II status: – The CPSEs which have made profit for the last three years continuously and have a positive net worth are eligible to be considered for grant of Miniratna-II status.
- Miniratna CPSEs should have not defaulted in the repayment of loans/interest payment on any loans due to the Government.
- Miniratna CPSEs shall not depend upon budgetary support or Government guarantees.
- The Government of India has provided more autonomy and delegation of financial powers to the mini Ratna enterprises to make them efficient and competitive
Criteria for grant of Navratna status to CPSEs