- The Union government has approved the Indian Space Policy 2023.
- The policy lays down the roles and responsibilities of organizations such as the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), NewSpace India Limited, and private sector entities.
- The government had earlier opened up the space sector for the private sector to help boost the development of the segment.
- It is expected to provide a framework for the country’s space sector for the next decade.
Objectives and Need
- It aims to boost the country’s space department’s role and give larger participation to research, academia, startups, and industry.
The Indian Space Programme
Budgetary Allocations and FDI