- Recently, the President of India has launched ‘herStart’ — a start-up platform of Gujarat University for women entrepreneurs.
- Besides encouraging the entrepreneurial endevours of women, the ‘HerStart’ initiative will link the women entrepreneurs with various private and government platforms.
- It will boost innovation and start-up efforts of women entrepreneurs.
- It will provide resources and training modules free of cost to aspiring women entrepreneurs.
- India has moved from 81st position to 40th position in the Global Innovation Index (GII) of 2022 as a result of the startup program started across the country.