CPHEEO is organising first of its kind regional workshop on 24×7 Water Supply System at Puri in Odisha
- It has been in existence for more than 60 years since its raising under the Ministry of Health in 1954, as per the recommendations of the Environmental Hygiene Committee.
- In 1973-74, the CPHEEO was affiliated to the Ministry of Urban Development (erstwhile Ministry of Works & Housing).
- It is a technical wing of the Ministry.
- Functions : It supports the Ministry in policy formulation and also handholds States by way of technical advice, guidelines, scrutiny and appraisal of schemes and propagation of new technologies in the field of water supply and sanitation including municipal solid waste management.
- It deals with the matters related to urban water supply and sanitation including solid waste management in the Country.
- It plays a vital role in processing the schemes posed for Bilateral and Multilateral funding agencies such as World Bank /ADB and other external funding agencies.