- National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO), the Navratna CPSE, under Ministry of Mines and country’s leading manufacturer and exporter of alumina and aluminium, has successfully developed a Bauxite Certified Reference Material (CRM) naming as BARC B1201 in joint collaboration with Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).
- This is the first of its kind CRM in India and 5 th in the World.
What is Bauxite Certified Reference Material (CRM)?
- CRMs are blocks of metal that come with certificates indicating the concentration of their various constituent elements along with their uncertainty levels.
- CRMs are used as calibration standards for analytical methods, instrument performance evaluation, and data quality control in routine analysis of bauxite.
- The CRM was certified for nine property values – Al2O3, Fe2O3, SiO2, TiO2, V2O5, MnO, Cr2O3, MgO and LOI which are traceable to the international system of units.
- The achievement will inspire the researchers for further innovation and will also add value to the cherished vision of Atmanirbhar Bharat and the Make-in-India initiative.