- Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) committee has taken up measures to establish close to 2500 theme-based polling stations across Karnataka.
- Mysuru Mallige
- Yakshagana is a theatrical form of presenting mythological, historical stories and narratives drawn from the great Indian epics, Ramayana and Mahabharata and performance includes music, dance and dialogues.
- It traces its origin to the coastal districts of Karnataka and with roots in Sanskrit literature.
- Kambala is an annual festival celebrated in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka.
- The festival involves the traditional buffalo race, a popular and unique sport among the farming community of the state.
- Mysore Mallige refers to the Jasmine flower grown in the region of Mysore and also in some part of Srirangapatna of Mandya district which is called the ‘queen of flowers’ because of its powerful fragrance than any other jasmine flower.
- This flower was honored and used by Wadeyar of Mysore Kingdom and also use to decorate the Mysore Palace in time of Dasara festival.
Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP)
- It is the flagship program of the Election Commission of India (ECI).
- It is a programme of multi-interventions through different modes and media designed to educate citizens, electors and voters about the electoral process in order to increase their awareness and participation in the electoral processes.
- It is designed according to the socio-economic, cultural and demographic profile of the state as well as the history of electoral participation in previous rounds of elections and learning thereof.
Other Initiatives by ECI