- PSLV-C55/TeLEOS-2 was launched successfully from SDSC-SHAR, Sriharikota.
About the Mission
- The PSLV-C55 mission is a dedicated commercial mission through NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), with TeLEOS-2 as the primary satellite and Lumelite-4 as a co-passenger satellite.
- Both belong to Singapore.
- They are intended to be launched into an Eastward low inclination orbit.
- PSLV-C55 mission will carry out in-orbit scientific experiments by using the spent PS4 stage as an orbital platform.
- TeLEOS-2 satellite: It is developed under a partnership between DSTA (representing the Government of Singapore) and ST Engineering.
- It will be used to support the satellite imagery requirements of various agencies within the Government of Singapore.
- It carries a Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) payload.
- It will be able to provide all-weather day and night coverage.