- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Modhera which is famous for its Sun Temple.
- Modhera is known for the Sun temple situated on the bank of the Pushpavati river.
- The temple was built after 1026-27 CE during the reign of Bhima I of the Chalukya dynasty.
- The remains of the Sun Temples at Modhera are relics of times gone by when reverence of the natural elements fire, air, earth, water and sky were at their peak sharing space with myriad manifestations of Vedic gods.
- It is one of the major tourist destinations in North Gujarat.