- Bidri craftsman Shah Rasheed Ahmed Quadri thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi after receiving Padma Shri Award by President Droupadi Murmu.
- Bidriware is a metal handicraft from the city of Bidar in Karnataka.
- This art form has obtained a Geographical Indications (GI) Tag.
- Bidriware techniques are influenced by Persian art.
- Flowers, leaves and geometric designs are commonly used Patterns.
- The metal used is white brass that is blackened and inlaid with silver.
- Bidri artisans blacken their wares using soil obtained from a 15th-century fort in Bidar, which is rich in potassium nitrate.
- This craft was developed by the Bahamani sultans who ruled Bidar in the 14th–15th centuries.
- The Bahmani Sultanate was the first independent Muslim kingdom of the Deccan.
- It was founded in 1347 by Ala-ud-Din Bahman Shah.
- It later split into five successor states that were collectively known as the Deccan sultanates.