- The Prime Minister has laid the foundation stone of the World’s First CNG Terminal and of the brownfield port at Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
- The project was first proposed during the January 2019 Vibrant Gujarat summit.
- It will be developed using a public-private partnership (PPP) approach and has a cargo handling capacity of 1.5 million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA).
- The terminal will have the fourth largest lock gate system in the world as well as an ultra-modern container terminal, a multipurpose terminal, a Ro-Ro terminal, and a liquid terminal.
- The port will have an ultra-modern container terminal, multipurpose terminal, and liquid terminal with direct door-step connectivity to the existing roadway and railway network.
- The port is already connected to the northern hinterland through a railway line.