- PM lays the foundation stone and dedicates to the nation’s various development projects in Kerala and Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
More about News
- Projects in Kerala:
- India’s First Water Metro launched at Kochi
- Foundation stone of various rail projects and Digital Science Park in Thiruvananthapuram
- First Vande Bharat Express of Kerala
- Projects in Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Dedicates NAMO Medical Education & Research Institute to the Nation
- Hands over keys to beneficiaries of PMAY Urban
- Kochi Water Metro
- Kochi Water Metro — a first of its kind public boat service in India integrated with a metro rail network serving the Greater Kochi region in Kerala (connects 10 islands around Kochi through battery-operated electric hybrid boats)
- Kochi Water Metro is a project being implemented by Kochi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (KMRL) with the assistance of a German funding agency, Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau.
- It will benefit backwater tourism in the state.
- Kochi Water Metro will become a model for the other states in the country.
- Digital Science Park
- Country’s first Digital Science Park will be established in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Digital Science Park will house common facilities to support the development of products in the area of Industry 4.0 Technologies like AI, Data Analytics, Cyber Security etc.
- The state-of-the-art basic infrastructure will support high-end applied research by industries and the co-development of products in association with the Universities.
- Vande Bharat Express
- Vande Bharat is India’s first indigenous Semi High-Speed Train.
- The first ‘Vande Bharat Express’ train was flagged on the New Delhi – Kanpur – Allahabad – Varanasi- route in February 2019.
- The Vande Bharat Express, earlier known as Train 18, is an electric multiple-unit train designed and manufactured by the government-owned Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai.
- It can achieve high speeds due to faster acceleration and deceleration and also reduce journey time by 25% to 45%.