- This is usually an individual, who invests seed capital in the company.
- Mostly, provides guidance and not involved directly with the management of company.
- This is usually not a business investor, but an individual looking to give a helping hand to a promising but cash-strapped start-up.
- This is usually a company or a business entity, who invest in search of handsome returns
- Might enforce terms and conditions, and targets for the company, in return for the investment.
- This is usually a business investor, who has seen the proof of concept and invests for better returns.